Job Description: The technician will be responsible for maintaining workstation, network, and peripheral devices and the corresponding operating systems, hardware and software applications. The computer technician will also be responsible for installing hardware and software applications or assisting contractors in same. The job demands the ability to bend and lift, crouch, kneel, walk and have the ability to lift 40 pounds in order to perform essential functions.
• Associates degree or higher in a related technical field or equivalent training.
• Experience working in an academic institution, preferably K-12 education, as a technical support position is strongly preferred.
• Strong verbal communication and collaboration skills. Also must possess a positive attitude.
• Demonstrated knowledge of information system hardware and software roubleshooting skills and problem resolution, preferably on both Windows 7/10 and Apple OS X operating systems.
• Ability and willingness to support and repair Chromebooks and iPads.
• Ability and willingness to learn new systems and support the District's 1:1 technology initiative.
• Demonstrated ability in handling confidential matters in an ethical manner.
• Sound organizational skills and an ability to recognize and change work priorities in a timely fashion.
• Valid Wisconsin driver's license is required for travel between district school buildings.
• A clean work record and acceptable scores in District employment process.
Compensation: $17.64-$20.29 per hour (based on experience) with good benefits
Interested and qualified persons should submit a letter of interest, resume, letters of recommendation, and a completed and signed district employment application (available on the district website) to: Superintendent, Port Washington-Saukville School District, 100 W. Monroe Street, Port Washington, WI 53074. Visit www.pwssd.k12.wi.us for an application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 14, 2016 or until filled