Student Parking Information
Students can begin purchasing parking permits for an assigned, reserved parking spot for the school year beginning Wednesday, August 1st. All permits MUST be purchased in person in the main office. Do not mail them in as spots will not be held. Spots will be assigned as payments are received in the office. Summer office hours are 7:00am-3:00pm Monday-Friday. Click link above to print out the application.
Message From the Principal
Welcome to the 2017-18 school year! Everyone at PWHS is excited about the beginning of a new school year and the amazing new learning opportunities available in the new classrooms. The new athletic, music and offices will be built during the school year. It is quite an amazing time to be a Pirate!
- Please review the enclosed schedule with your child. Schedule changes will be made only for graduation requirements, if you do not have a necessary prerequisite, or if you have an incomplete schedule. Schedule changes will NOT be made to accommodate study hall, lunch or teacher preferences. Schedule changes will be by appointment only. To set up an appointment please call (262) 268-5525. Counselors will be available on a limited basis beginning August 9th until August 24th.
- Open Lunch-With the temporary lunch location in the new building, we are opening up open lunch privilege for 11th and 12th grade students for the 2017-18 school year.
- Cell Phone/other Electronic device Privilege at PWHS- If a student chooses to bring a cell phone/electronic device to school it must remain in their locker or in a back pack turned off. Cell phones are not allowed out in the classroom at any time. Parents needing to contact their son/daughter should contact the office. Cell phone holders are available in each classroom. Any violation of the cell phone/electronic device policy will follow the procedures outlines in the PWHS student handbook. The school will not be held responsible in any way for lost or damaged cell phones. Students are allowed to use their cell phones during lunch.
- Exam Exemptions 2017-18. Students in grades 10-12 will have the same opportunity for exam exemptions as the previous year. Each student in grades 10-12 can earn up to two exam exemptions each semester. One exam exemption is available to all students without any unexcused absences or disciplinary referrals. The other exemption is the Port Pride exemption. 9th grade students will only be able to earn the Port Pride exemption in 2017-18.
- ACT Prep (especially for 11th grade students) with Method Test Prep.
All students have access to this free resource provided by our school. Students that took advantage of the resource in 2016-17 saw great results. It is easy to sign up for and use…
Click on the gray “Signup” box to create your MTP account. PWHS students will need to use the Referral Code: tkn.12180329 when setting up your account. (Make sure to include the entire code—including tkn).
Port Washington High School
Port Washington High School is a comprehensive high school with a dedicated staff that is committed to providing an excellent education to all of our students. With a combination of current educational practices, years of teaching experience, and a personal vested interest to see all students succeed, our school strives to meet the needs of our diverse learners. Port High School offers a wide array of Advanced Placement (AP) classes to encourage our highest level learners to challenge themselves further. We have support systems in place to assist all learners in achieving their academic potentials. Most importantly, we recognize parents as being a critical and necessary component in each child's journey towards academic success, and we welcome parent involvement. Port High School is committed to achieving the district mission of "helping every child reach their fullest potential."
Port Pride Program
- I will be Alcohol and Drug Free
- I will Participate to the best of my abilities in at least one HS Activity
- I will achieve to the best of my ability academically by having no failing classes at quarter or semester.
- I will have no office referrals for discipline or attendance
- I will have no missing work from any class during the school year
- I will volunteer at least 15 hours per semester in my community or school.
- (5 Hours per semester are added if the student is unable to attend the kick-off assembly.)
- 5 Hours may be donated by a parent or guardian per semester, these hours must be in service to PWHS. (PWSSD Hours accepted with prior approval.)
*Successful completion of the program each semester will result in the student earning one exam exemption, use of exemption is subject to teacher approval.
See the main office for details on joining
Port Pride Volunteers--Hauling Christmas Trees
PWHS Attendance Information
Attendance Line: 262-268-5501
You are able to leave a message at anytime.
JUMPSTART--for our incoming 2018-19 Freshmen Class
Quick Sports Information
Athletic Booster Club Monthy Winners: