REQUIREMENTS FOR VARIOUS INSTITUTIONS* Two and four year colleges; universities; military academies Performing and visual arts colleges Vocational and technical schools Business schools Communications4 years4 years4 years4 years Social Studies3-4 years2-4 years2-4 years2-4 years Math3-4 years2-4 years2-4 years2-4 years Science3-4 years1-3 years1-3 years1-3 years Foreign Language*2-4 years2-4 years2-4 years2-4 years Additional Coursework*electives from a wide range of areasfine arts electivesvocational/technical electivesbusiness electivesOther recommendations:Familiarity with computer skills; extra-curricular activities; and volunteer/community activities.**Algebra 2 is a requirement for most 4 year universities**
1. Check with individual institutions for specific entrance requirements.
2. Your school counselor is available to:
- help you make good academic decisions
- gather information about post-secondary institutions
- discuss post-secondary and career planning