Families should make their best effort to take good care of the device, including keeping it safe when not in use, protecting the screen from scratches or cracks, and using the device only for appropriate academic use.
If you need assistance with your school issued device, please see below:
- FAQ: HS Chromebook Repair: High School Students with Chromebooks needing repair should complete the Tech support form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_ekDuozkjvqUuDKC6VgLUtRwFrXEnLIXUxOOBWv2KEEZGPg/viewform The Chromebook should be brought to the high school main entrance between 8-10 am Monday-Friday. There are directions and a collection bin located in the vestibule. The IT department will be in contact with you regarding the status of your Chromebook.
- FAQ: MS Chromebook Repair: Middle School Students with Chromebooks needing repair should bring their Chromebook to the MS Office. TJMS drop off/pickup hours are: Tuesdays, 8-10 am and Thursdays 8-10 am. Students will be given a loaner Chromebook if available.
- FAQ: Elementary Chromebook Repair: Elementary Chromebook Repair: Elementary students with Chromebooks needing repair should contact their building’s office to arrange for an exchange of Chromebooks.
- FAQ: Steps to take to resolve Chromebook issues:
- Reset Dell AC power adapter - Unplug the AC adapter from the wall outlet, then unplug the cord from the AC adapter itself, let it sit for a minute, then plug everything back together. Reconnect to a wall outlet and then the Chromebook. Power Reset Chromebook – While AC adapter is plugged into power and the Chromebook, press and hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Then press the power to turn the Chromebook on.
- WIFI issue: if you are experiencing WIFI related issues (WIFI is slow, Chromebook will not connect to your WIFI) please try rebooting your Chromebook and your home’s WIFI equipment (cable modem/wireless router). Best practice is to unplug the power to the wireless equipment for a minute. If that does not resolve the issue, please contact your Internet service provider or your wireless equipment provider.